India at the 17th Asian Games Incheon 2014
Bronze Medals by our great players
a) Shooting: Shooter Shweta Chaudhary clinched India’s 1st medal in the women 10 m Air pistol event.
- Women’s 25 m pistol team: Rahi Sarnobat, Anisa Sayyed and Heena Sidhu.
- Ace Shooter Abhinav Bindra clinched his first individual medal in the men’s 10m air rifle.
- Men’s 10 m air pistol team: Jitu Rai, Samaresh Jung and Prakash Nanjappa.
- Men’s 10 m air rifle team: Abhinav Bindra, Sanjeev Rajput, Ravi Kumar.
- Women’s Double Trap Team: Shagun Chowdhary, Shreyasi Singh and Varsha Varman.
- Men’s 50 m Rifle 3 Positions: Chain Singh.
- Light-weight Men’s Singles Sculls category: Dushyant Dushiant.
- Men’s Single Sculls: Sawarn Singh.
- Team (8): Kapil Sharma, Ranjit Singh, Bajrang Lal Takhar, Robin Panachithanathu Ulahannan, Sawan Kumar Kalkal, Mohammad Azad, Maninder Singh, Davinder Singh and Mohammed Ahmed.
c) Badminton (Women’s team): Saina Nehwal, P. V. Sindhu, P. C. Thulasi, Pradnya Gadre, N. Siki Reddy, Ashwini Ponnappa.
d) Squash: Women’s singles: Dipika Pallikal.
- Women’s Sanda 52 kg: Sanathoi Devi.
- Men’s Sanda 60 kg: Narender Grewal.
Sanathoi Devi & Narender Grewal
f) Swimming: Men’s 50 m Breaststroke: Sandeep Sejwal (it was his first ever medal at International platform.
- Women’s Compound Team Event: Trisha Deb, Purvasha Sudhir Shende and Jyothi Surekha Vennam.
- Women’s Compound Individual Event: Trisha Deb.
- Women’s 3000 metres steeplechase: Lalita Babar
- Women’s 400 metres: M. R. Poovamma.
- Women’s 1500 metres: O. P. Jaisha.
- Men’s 400 metres: Rajiv Arokia.
- Men’s shot put: Inderjeet Singh.
- Women’s javelin throw: Annu Rani.
- Men’s 3000 metres steeplechase: Naveen Kumar.
- Vinesh Phogat in Women’s freestyle 48 kg & Geetika Jakhar in Women’s freestyle 63 kg.
- Men’s freestyle 74 kg: Narsingh Pancham Yadav.
- Women’s 60 kg: Laishram Sarita Devi.
- Women’s 75 kg: Pooja Rani.
- Men’s +91 kg: Satish Kumar.
- Men’s 75 kg: Vikas Krishan Yadav.
k) Hockey: Women’s hockey team.
l) Sailing: Women’s two person dinghy: Varsha Gautham and Aishwarya Nedunchezhiyan.
- Men’s singles : Yuki Bhambri.
- Men’s doubles: Yuki Bhambri & Divij Sharan.
- Women’s doubles: Sania Mirza & Prarthana Thombare.
News to be remember—-
- Ritu Rani: captain of Indian women’s hockey team.
- Ace Indian boxer Sarita Devi controversy: In the 60kg category, Manipuri boxer, Sarita Devi (32) refused to accept bronze medal as she dominated the game against South Korean Jina Park. She had protested the judge’s decision to name the Jina Park as winner and accused the judges of partiality. Yet, she regretted this act.
- Wushu : A form of contemporary Chinese martial arts that blends elements of performance and martial application. The training highlights quickness, explosive power, natural and relaxed movement.
- Ace Shooter, Abhinav Bindra, announced his retirement at Incheon Asian Games 2014. He is India’s first and only individual Olympic gold medallist (10m Air Rifle, 2008 Beijing).
S. Korean Jina Park & L Sarita Devi
Asian Games 2014: Full View—- http://wp.me/p4LnLY-b4
Gold medals clinched by our Indians viz. Jitu Rai, Mary Kom, Yogeshwar Dutt, etc. Read more at http://wp.me/p4LnLY-bk
Silver medals clinched by our Indians viz. Saurav Ghoshal, Khushbir Kaur, Vikas Gowda, Tintu Luka, etc. Read more at http://wp.me/p4LnLY-cG