If you are disturb or have tense situation in your life, then once take a look in the life of one of the most cheerful legendary actress of Indian Cinema, Ms. Zohra Sehgal (102) ………. an inspiration personality for all of us, who led the life on her own terms. Since childhood to death, she was जिंदा दिल इंसान …..Whatever the situations came she faced them with BIG simile on her face…..whether it was related to her love life or career, she deal them courageously.
Excerpts of her life:-
- Born: April 27, 1912.
- Death: July 10, 2014 in New Delhi.
- Honour(s): Padma Shri, Padam Vibhushan, Kalidas Samman, the Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowship, etc.
- Had a rebellious attitude since childhood. Instead of playing with dolls, she used to enjoy climbing trees and playing outside.
- First Indian to join Mary Wigman’s Dresden ballet school in the early 1930s.
- A multitalented, ever-young personality viz. ballet dancer, theatre artist, elocutionist, choreographer, actress, etc.
- Preferred career over marriage at a time when that was considered revolutionary.
- Initiated career with the dancer-choreographer Uday Shankar in 1935.
- Fall in love and tied the knot with a fellow dancer, Kameshwar Sehgal, over her parents’ objections (he was Hindu & she was Muslim).
- Partition of India (1947): Protested Partition’s sharp bounds, preferred India over Pakistan.
- Joined the well-known Prithvi Theater in Mumbai (run by Indian cinema legend Prithviraj Kapoor).
- Also, acted in (Bollywood as well as Hollywood) movies, television series and theatre productions viz. Veer-Zara, Cheeni-Kum, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Tales that Witness Madness, Never Say Die, Little Napoleons, Bend It Like Beckham, Dil Se, Saawariya, etc.
- Even after seeing the ups and downs of life and the death of her beloved husband, she didn’t lose her will to live and spread dance as an art form and headed Natya Academy in Delhi.
In a nutshell, in her life चीनी कभी कम नहीं हूई…. She was a symbol of happiness.
Moral: Fight courageously with the odd situations of life and in any phase of life, don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future, enjoy every second of life.